Saturday, June 18, 2011

Final 1:50 and 1:100 Models

1:50 Model

This showed the connection between my public and private spaces, whilst also demonstrating the materiality of the building(tiled for public and floor boards for private). I found this section demonstrated all there was to understand about the concepts of my design, with the views from the cafe back down into the gallery, and also how the gallery connects to the house.
1:100 Model

I found this model demonstrated my overall building in a great manner, allowing people to properly understand the building via a tactile manner. I thought the the amount of detail that was put into it, from the small screening device at the front, to the window frames at the back, and the spiral staircase, all allowed the model to look extremely realistic and professional. Via constructing this model, I was also able to learn more about how the building would be constructed, and allowed me to find any errors within my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment