Monday, May 2, 2011

FINAL - Week 3 - Use of landscape



I was looking at the relationship to the landscape and last week I noted that the amount of exterior to interior space was nearly equivalent. I had modelled the exterior and interior spaces last week, however thought that they didn’t show how the space was nearly equal. For this reason I endeavoured to find a way that would best display this. I made two quick models, however in the end thought that only one was strong enough to display this information.

I ended up modelling both the exterior and interior spaces again, and placing them on a balance. Once placed on a balance, if the balance is to equal out then it would show that these floor area equal.

To find a building that has equal exterior to interior space is very unusual. Some buildings have exterior space spread out through a large site, however the site that the external areas has been taken from is only the footprint of the building, which is extremely unusual.

I thought that it is a great idea and one that I would love to emulate in my next project. The idea of making private exterior spaces is a great idea, and since this building, many others have been created with rooftop gardens or exterior public areas that are elevated. I thought this model worked well and represented all that I wanted to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment