Thursday, April 28, 2011

Week 1 - Public Verses Private



This week I wanted to investigate how within the Villa Savoye, public and private areas were differentiated. I noticed that it was basically split in half. I also noted that the public areas were much more open, and the private areas much more enclosed, like cells. For this reason I decided to have the private area made out of card, to show how enclosed it was, and the public space out of acetate, as they show how open the space is.

I noticed that the boundary between public and private is made directly North-South, hence Le Corbusier has split the house up for a purpose. He noted that the bedrooms are the main rooms used in the morning, and the public spaces used of an afternoon, hence positioned them in accordance with their function. This is why i have used different colours. The orange represents the colour of the sun rising, and the pink the colour of the sun setting. I regreted using these colours, as i thought they didn’t portray this correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment