Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 2 - Public Verses Private



From week 1, the idea that i proposed was that the public and private was being split along the north south access, hence allowing light to penetrate the bedrooms, which are used in the morning, and leaving the afternoon sun for the public spaces, which are mainly used of the afternoon. I thought the best way to demonstrate this would be with shadow diagrams, to make sure my hypothesis was correct.

I set up shadow diagrams for 9am, 12pm and 3pm for each season, as my tutor asked. After finishing these shadow diagrams (which took so long), i concluded that my hypothesis was actually true.

I thought that this design strategy was extremely important, and one that I personally would never of thought of. This is one main strategy I have learnt during the process of this analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment