Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 2 - Use of landscape





Progressing from week 1's work on the internal floor space to the footprint, my tutor wanted me more to focus on internal verses external. For this I measured the different amounts of areas and noticed that the Internal:External space was equal to 1:0.91. The calculations can be seen if you zoom in on the drawing above.

This is very rare in most buildings, hence I thought this was worth discovering more. I then thought I would make the spaces as boxes, and make it a tactile object rather than a drawing. I felt that people would only really understand this once they played with it and out all the internal boxes together and the external boxes together. Then they would realise the similarity. The above photos are a part of this model, however it doesn’t show each object being separated.

I thought that I should of progressed this further by somehow incorporating the calulations so people can tell, either it be by weight or some other factor. There will be more to come on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment